Wednesday, August 20, 2008

This Old House




It is feeling a bit like one of those episodes of "This Old House," where all the insides of the house are exposed, and you wonder why the owners didn't just move. But we are still enjoying the process, and so far no surprises.

Richard finished painting Owen's room this weekend. Owen is happy with the results. The ceiling will be finished next week, and then we'll have to touch up the walls. Dean did some excellent demo work on the ugly rocks surrounding our fireplace. We'll be tiling the cinder block, and getting a gas insert. Right now, Richard and I are signed up for that, since we tiled our floors in San Diego. I do remember saying that I'd never tile anything ever again, but I'm sure I wasn't serious. Dean also pulled out most of the flooring. The insulation guys came through yesterday, and tomorrow is drywall.

No comments: